By Jeffrey Williams-Maisonet
Williams Partners L.P is the company responsible for placing the Rockaway Pipeline in our community. Putting the risk of ocean life, people, and our environment.
Williams believes that giving money to local nonprofits is a nice way of saying, “Sorry, but not sorry”.
Anyway, the list follows.
5th Cycle Grant Recipients (Spring 2016)
- $7,500.00 to the Breezy Point Cooperative, Rockaway Point, NY for the Breezy Point Activity Center Generator
- $5,000.00 to the Belle Harbor Yacht Club, Rockaway Park, NY for Beach Channel Drive Park
- $7,500.00 to the Martin De Porres High School, Rockaway Park, NY for the Rockaway Pollinator Garden Project
- $10,000.00 to Brooklyn Public Library, Brooklyn, NY for the Today’s Teens, Tomorrow’s Techies Programming
- $8,900.00 to People’s Association of Roxbury, Breezy Point, NY for Roxbury Kids Art Camp and Exhibition
- $10,000.00 to the Pfc. John G. McLaughlin Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8540, Breezy Point, NY for the Save a Vet – Emergency Rapid Digital Alarm System Installation
- $5,000.00 to the Rockaway Development & Revitalization Corporation, Far Rockaway, NY for Beach 20th Street Pedestrian Plaza Space Activation Initiative
- $5,000.00 to Rockaway Little League, Belle Harbor, NY for Fence Project 2016
- $6,100.00 to Rockaway Point Association, Rockaway Point, NY, for Beach Wheel Chairs
- $15,000.00 to Rockaway Point Volunteer Emergency Services Inc., Rockaway Point, NY for Heating and Cooling Center
- $7,500.00 to Rockaway Rising Inc., Far Rockaway, NY for Rockaway Rising Youth Mentorship
- $5,000.00 to the Rockaway Rockies Youth Hockey League, Belle Harbor, NY for Youth Organization
- $5,000.00 to the Rockaway Rugby Football Club, Rockaway Park, NY for Youth Rugby
- $15,000.00 to Rockaway Volunteer Ambulance Search and Rescue Corps, Rockaway Beach, NY for Supplies and Life-saving Equipment
- $10,000.00 to Rockaway Waterfront Alliance, Far Rockaway, NY for Project Safe School.
Williams provides natural gas to the New York City area through its Transco pipeline, a 10,200-mile pipeline system which transports natural gas to markets throughout the northeastern and the southeastern United States.
Source- Williams Partners Press release.